Search This Blog

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Photography Lessons

I love photography. I always have and I always will. 

But a recent class I took led by Tod Merica (whose website is here) made my appreciation for taking photos rise to a new level. He essentially condensed a three week course into about two and a half hours, and that alone is reason enough to respect the guy.

Anyway, I learned some very simple things about cameras that I never considered before. For example, it never occurred to me to take my small point and shoot camera out of automatic mode. Even the most inexpensive cameras have a plethora of settings that you can play around with to give your photos different effects. 

I learned a lot of other stuff as well, but I can't relay all that information here (it isn't technically mine). I would, however,  recommend that any amateur photographer interested in learning more about the field take some sort of class on it. If it's a good one, you'll learn tons of valuable information and, obviously, improve your photography skills. 

My mother is looking into buying me my first DSLR camera now. I hear that the Canon Rebel series is good for beginners. 

Hopefully, one day, I'll be the proud owner of one of these! 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!! :D I'm really impressed by photography - it's so... captivating!

    DaphYin
    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete